Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- 10:30 a.m.
- Quarterly on the first Tuesday of the month (January/April/July/October)
Minutes & Recordings
The City of Gig Harbor maintains minutes of the official proceedings in which city business is conducted. The recordings and action minutes are posted and available to the public as soon as possible.
View Lodging Tax Advisory Committee Minutes and Recordings | View Archived Minutes
Volunteer members of the Lodging Tax Advisory Board may live outside city limits. The membership should be made up of the following:
- One member is an elected official of the City who serves as chair
- Four members are representatives of businesses required to collect the tax
- Four members are persons involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received from the tax
The Lodging Tax Advisory Board was established in accordance with state law to advise and recommend to the County and Mayor how excise taxes on lodging collected in Gig Harbor should be allocated in order to best increase tourism in the city.
2020 Lodging Tax Application
2020 Lodging Tax funding requests are now being accepted by the City of Gig Harbor.
Applications for Lodging Tax/Tourism Promotion Funding are due September 20, 2019 by 5 pm at the Tourism & Communications Office in City Hall. CLICK HERE for the Application and Guidelines.
Funding for this program comes from the City of Gig Harbor Lodging Tax Fund which receives a percentage of hotel/motel taxes from lodging establishments inside the city limits. The City collects a tax on charges for overnight lodging. These funds are distributed by the Department of Revenue back to the City of Gig Harbor for the funding of tourism related capital facilities, non-event operations, and event marketing and operations.
Lodging taxes can be used for:
- Tourism Promotion/Marketing
- Operation of a Tourism Promotion Agency
- Operation of a Tourism-Related Facility owned or operated or non-profit organization
- Operation and/or Capital Costs of a Tourism-Related Facility owned by a municipality
For more information, including who can apply and application and selection process, please refer to the Application Guidelines section of the Application packet. You may also contact the Tourism & Communications Office at 253-853-3554 or email@example.com for further questions.