Interactive City Boundary Map

Access the interactive map here to confirm your service area provider. 

Start or Stop Service

Notification is required upon transferring responsibility of service to property. Your account may contain charges for water, sewer or stormwater, depending upon your service location. You can contact our office to transfer service or complete the start/stop service requests.

On-line Start Service Request

Stop Service Request Form (On-line request available soon)

Utility Payoff Requests

Requests for escrow estimated or final payoff amounts should be sent to utilities@cityofgigharbor.net. Turn around time is typically 3 business days.

Billing Transfers

Billing transfer to the tenant or occupant is for the convenience of the property owner. This transfer does not relieve the owner of responsibility for payment should the tenant/occupant of the service address fail to pay for their charges. Collection of outstanding charges for vacated tenants is the responsibility of the owner. The owner of record will be a mailed a duplicate delinquent notice should the account become past due. All charges remain against the property. Failure to pay may result in discontinuation of service and/or a lien on the property.

Discontinuing Water Service                     

Water service may be discontinued, and charges suspended, upon completion of the Owner Lock Off Request Form (PDF). No water and sewer charges will accrue as long as water remains off. Storm drainage charges (if applicable) are ongoing and will not be discontinued with water/sewer turn off. There is a $25 turn off fee for this service.

Meter Requests

Once connection fees have been paid and applicable permits issued a meter installation can be requested. Please send requests to utilities@cityofgigharbor.net

Automatic Payments                            

Utility payments may be withdrawn automatically from your Checking Account. Please mail or return a completed Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form (PDF) to initiate or you can click here Pay Utilities Online to register online. 

Your automatic monthly payment will be taken on the 25th of the month in which your bill is due. If your most recent due date has already passed and you have a balance on your account, please make a payment now.  Your automatic payments will not begin until your next bill and will not include any past due amounts.

Low-Income Senior Citizen Discount                  

Senior citizens may be eligible to receive a reduction of their water and sewer rates if they meet established income requirements. Download the Senior Citizen Rate Discount Application (PDF) or contact Heather Stites at 253-851-6157 for more information.

Backflow (Cross Connection) Requirements   

The Washington State Department of Health requires all backflow prevention devices to be tested annually. Devices need to be maintained to insure a healthy public water supply. View the List of Certified "Backflow" Installers / Certified Testers (PDF). Please contact Lisa Krasas at 253-853-8251 for more information.

Water Issues

If you are experiencing discolored or odorous water problems please call 253-851-8136.